Ingredients - Crust
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, blended
1/4 cup refined coconut oil
1/2 cup chives
1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp sea salt - plus more for sprinkling
Ingredients - Pie
2 yellow squash
2 large carrots
1 grey squash (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine blended oats with the salt and then fold in the chives.
2. Melt the coconut oil and slowly add it to the oat mixture. Add the water to the mixture until the oats are no longer dry.
3. Press the oat mixture into the pie pan with a fork and then bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. While the crust is in the oven, peel the veggies with a vegetable peeler, so that the are long strips of uniform width.
4. Let the crust cool and spray the vixible sides of the pan with cooking spray. Start to layer the veggie strips around the outside of the pan and continue into the middle of the pan.
5. Spray the top of the pie and pop it in the oven , still at 350 degrees, for about 40 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Let the pie cool for 5 minutes, so you can handle the pan.
6. Put a plate on top of the pie to flip it out of the pie pan. Then, put your plating dish on the top of the pie (now the bottom is facing up) and flip it so your pie is facing upwards and ready to cut/serve.