SWEET POTATO ROUNDS
Original Recipe from
Yields 30 rounds
2 sweet potatoes
6 oz goat cheese
1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp agave
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
Zest of 2 lemons
1 garlic clove (optional)
Basil for garish
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes and microwave them (together) for 2 minutes. Cut the potatoes into half-inch slices.
*Optional: rub the potato slices with a clove of garlic*
2. In a bowl, combine the potato slices, olive oil, sea salt, paprika and lemon zest. Coat potatoes evenly.
3. Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes until nice and golden on one side. Flip the potatoes and repeat.
4. While the potaotes are in the oven, roughly chop your pistachios and dried cranberries. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar with the agave.
5. Let the potatoes cool. Spread room temperature goat cheese on potato rounds and top with pistachios, dried cranberries and a drizzle of the balsamic/agave mixture.